They always say that humans are social animals. For the most part, it’s true, but there are also those who find happiness in living a quiet life. The below loner quotes remind us that solitude holds a great power.
Introverts know that better than anyone. And while being an introvert doesn’t equal being a loner, I’m certain that the quiet ones will find our compilation of quotes highly relatable.
Some of them talk about the power of solitude, others focus on the struggles of being a loner. But no matter what message each quote conveys, they all speak deep truths about a loner’s quiet existence.
50 Loner Quotes You’ll Appreciate If You Like Spending Time Alone
1. I was quiet, a loner. I was one of those children where, if you put me in a room and gave me some crayons and pencils, you wouldn’t hear from me for nine straight hours.
Sounds familiar? This is a typical description of an introverted child. Read this article to find out if you are an introvert.
2. Be a loner. That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living.
3. You come home, make some tea, sit down in your armchair, and all around you is silence. Everyone decides for themselves whether that’s loneliness or freedom.
4. One of the many advantages of being a loner is that often there’s time to think, ponder, brood, meditate deeply, and figure things out to one’s satisfaction.
Being a loner often equals being a deep thinker, and this quote nails it. If you resonate with it, then you will also appreciate this article about deep thinkers.
5. He said, “Don’t you feel lonely living in your own little world?” She whispered, “Don’t you feel powerless living in other people’s worlds?”
6. Deep in my heart, I know I am a loner. I have tried to blend in with the world and be sociable, but the more people I meet, the more disappointed I am. So, I’ve learned to enjoy myself, my family, and a few good friends.
7. It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.
8. Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.
Do you feel this way? Check out this article if you feel alien to this world, like you don’t belong anywhere.
9. Don’t be afraid to be a loner but be sure that you are correct in your judgement.
10. I literally love being at home. In my own space. Comfortable. Not surrounded by people.
11. I do feel like a loner but I think it’s because I look at things differently than other people.
12. It’s beautiful to be alone. To be alone does not mean to be lonely. It means the mind is not influenced and contaminated by society.
This loner quote captures the power of following your unique way regardless of societal expectations. If you like it, then you will also enjoy our compilation of quotes on standing out of the crowd.
13. I am primarily a loner. I don’t go to clubs. I don’t hang out with people. I don’t know many people. It’s just the way it ended up. It’s not a sob story; it’s fine for me.
14. I tend to be a loner. I think a lot of social theorists are like that. On one level, the majority of the most important people to me are people who I have imaginary conversations with in the deep of the night: I’m often in conversation with Max Weber or Karl Marx or someone like that. Those are the people I’m closest to and that have had the most influence on me!
15. I’m very much a loner. I don’t like long relationships with people and I always keep people at a distance.
16. I’m a loner. I don’t have a gigantic group of friends. People don’t miss me. I’m never the first person anyone looks for in a crowded room. I’m just me.
Does this quote ring a bell? Check out our list of small circle quotes that demonstrate why being socially selective is the best strategy.
17. It’s just that I’m curious, that’s all. He usually walks alone. “Yeah, he’s a loner, all right,” the waitress murmured. “Even when he’s with someone, he is alone.”
18. Some people think I’m unhappy. I’m not. I just appreciate silence in a world that never stops talking.
19. I am completely a loner. In my head, I want to feel I can be anywhere. There is a sort of recklessness that being a loner allows me.
20. I’ve always been my best company.
21. Yes, I guess you could say I am a loner, but I feel more lonely in a crowded room with boring people than I feel on my own.
22. I’ll be honest with you. I’m a little bit of a loner. It’s been a big part of my maturing process to learn to allow people to support me. I tend to be very self-reliant and private. And I have this history of wanting to work things out on my own and protect people from what’s going on with me.
23. Very much like that, and very much a loner, do you know and I didn’t fit really into sport or all kind of group activities as a kid, I couldn’t find a niche.
Did you feel this way too as a child? Or maybe you still do sometimes? Take a look at our article on feeling like an outsider.
24. A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it that he always has good company.
-Charles Evans Hughes
25. I don’t have many friends; I’m very much a loner. As a child I was very isolated, and I’ve never been really close to anyone.
26. I’m a popular loner. I know a lot of people, and a lot of people know me, but my circle is small and I’m usually by myself.
27. Yeah, I like being on my own. I do. I tend to be a loner, so I’m okay. I’m not okay when I have to be around everyone all the time.
Do you find a lot of truth in this loner quote? Maybe you’re also wondering why you prefer your own company? Read this article to learn why you like being alone so much.
28. You cannot be lonely if you like the person you are alone with.
29. Be afraid of the quiet ones, they are the ones who actually think.
30. I’m not antisocial; neither do I hate people. I just enjoy spending time in my own company more than having pointless conversations with people I don’t care about and who obviously don’t care about me.
31. The man assumes the role of the loner, the thinker, and the searching spirit who calls the privileged and the powerful to task. The power of one was the courage to remain separate, to think through the truth and not be beguiled by convention or the plausible arguments of those who expect to maintain power, whatever the cost.
32. I’m the type of person who enjoys being alone. I like to walk home alone with my music. I like to stay home alone Friday nights. I just like quiet and time to myself. But I don’t like being alone for a long time. I don’t like being alone long enough for the bad thoughts to take over. I guess what I’m saying is that I like being alone, but I hate being lonely.
33. I like silence; I’m a gregarious loner and without the solitude, I lose my gregariousness.
34. Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.
35. There’s a difference between solitude and loneliness. I can understand the concept of being a monk for a while.
People often confuse spending time alone with feeling lonely. To dig through the differences between loneliness and solitude, read this article.
36. The best thinking has been done in solitude.
-Thomas A. Edison
37. Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.
38. I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.
This is one of those loner quotes that capture the power of being independent. If you relate to it, you may want to read this article on being an independent person.
39. l was told I was dangerous. I asked why, and their response was: “Because you don’t need anyone.” I smiled.
40. I am never less alone than when alone.
41. I live in my own little world. Don’t worry, they all know me there.
42. Solitude is independence. It had been my wish, and with the years, I had attained it. It was cold. Oh, cold enough! But it was also still, wonderfully still and vast like the cold stillness of space in which the stars revolve.
43. Someone who heals in solitude is a different kind of beast you don’t want to mess with.
If you strongly resonate with this saying, then I’m sure that you will also love our compilation of lone wolf quotes.
44. I think it bothers people when you’re not out there looking to be accepted by everyone. You’re just doing you and minding your business. People hate that.
45. A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
46. I dislike interaction. The less I say the better I feel. I was naturally a loner. I didn’t want conversation, or to go anywhere. I didn’t understand other people who wanted to share their emotions. Parties sickened me.
Does this quote sound familiar? Read this article if you don’t like being around people.
47. She’s a loner. She pays her own way. She is someone who doesn’t know her place, or if she does, she doesn’t abide by the rules.
-Amy A. Bartol
48. A high degree of intellect tends to make a man unsocial.
49. Those who understand the true nature of humanity are always loners.
50. I’m now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself.
These Loner Quotes Show That Solitude Can Be a Place of Power
What do you think after reading these quotes? Some of the most outstanding minds in history have talked about the experiences and advantages of being a loner. It seems that people of exceptional intellect know first-hand that solitude is a great asset.
All these quotes boil down to a single truth – loners are among the most powerful people out there. Because they don’t need other people’s approval and can be happy in their own company. This is certainly a valuable trait in today’s society that cultivates attention seeking and herd mentality.
The above quotes also demonstrate that following a loner’s path doesn’t make you lonely and miserable. It means that it’s your conscious choice to live a quiet life spending time with yourself and a small circle of your loved ones.