If you are a loner, you probably know what it means to be an outsider and feel cut off from society. You know how it feels to belong nowhere and be a stranger among other people. The below lone wolf quotes speak of this experience.
But there are many good aspects of being a loner too. You are self-reliant and able to think for yourself. You stay true to yourself and don’t allow society to change you into someone else.
Being a solitary person requires both courage and wisdom. It’s not easy to go against the crowd and remain loyal to yourself no matter what.
So, if you are a loner, I’m sure that you will find many comforting and relatable truths in my compilation of quotes. After all, even a lone wolf can enjoy the reassurance of not being alone in their struggle.
40 Lone Wolf Quotes You’ll Find Relatable If You Are a Loner
1. It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.
2. Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.
3. Although I am a typical loner in my daily life, my awareness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has prevented me from feelings of isolation.
4. A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
5. I am a drifter, and as lonely as that can be, it is also remarkably freeing. I will never define myself in terms of anyone else.
6. Deep in my heart, I know I am a loner. I have tried to blend in with the world and be sociable, but the more people I meet, the more disappointed I am. So, I’ve learned to enjoy myself, my family, and a few good friends.
If you relate to this quote, you might want to check my article about feeling disappointed in people.
7. I guess I’m pretty much of a lone wolf. I don’t say I don’t like people at all, but, to tell you the truth, I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds.
8. I’m the type of person who enjoys being alone. I like to walk home alone with my music. I like to stay home alone Friday nights. I just like quiet and time to myself. But I don’t like being alone for a long time. I don’t like being alone long enough for the bad thoughts to take over. I guess what I’m saying is that I like being alone, but I hate being lonely.
9. I’d never really been very close to other people. I was pretty much a loner. I’d played baseball and done the Cub Scout thing, tried the Boy Scout thing – but I always kept my distance from the other boys. I never ever felt like I was part of their world.
-Benjamin Alire Sáenz
10. I am completely a loner. In my head, I want to feel I can be anywhere. There is a sort of recklessness that being a loner allows me.
11. Be a loner. That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living.
Does this quote ring a bell? You might find this article about deep thinkers relatable.
12. Yes, I guess you could say I am a loner, but I feel more lonely in a crowded room with boring people than I feel on my own.
13. I dislike interaction. The less I say the better I feel. I was naturally a loner. I didn’t want conversation, or to go anywhere. I didn’t understand other people who wanted to share their emotions. Parties sickened me.
14. Sometimes I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.
15. It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.
-Hans F. Hansen
If you enjoy this saying, check this compilation of quotes about standing out from the crowd.
16. Socializing is as exhausting as giving blood. People assume we loners are misanthropes, just sitting thinking, ‘Oh, people are such a bunch of assholes,’ but it’s really not like that. We just have a smaller tolerance for what it takes to be with others. It means having to perform. I get so tired of communicating.
17. Sometimes those who don’t socialize much aren’t actually anti-social, they just have no tolerance for drama and fake people.
18. Those who understand the true nature of humanity are always loners.
19. I didn’t make for an interesting person. I didn’t want to be interesting, it was too hard. What I really wanted was only a soft, hazy space to live in, and to be left alone.
20. The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care.
21. In loneliness, the lonely one eats himself; in a crowd, the many eat him. Now choose.
22. Not that I was incapable of friendship. ‘Don’t be shy’, the teachers coaxed. I was not shy, only extremely choosy.
People often mistake loners for shy and insecure folks. But these two traits have totally different roots. If you find this quote relatable, you could also enjoy this article about being a socially selective person.
23. People run in packs because they don’t feel safe alone, I run alone because I don’t feel safe in packs.
24. I’m now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself.
25. She’s a loner. She pays her own way. She is someone who doesn’t know her place, or if she does, she doesn’t abide by the rules.
-Amy A. Bartol
26. He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god.
27. It’s better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.
28. “Yeah, he’s a loner, all right,” the waitress murmured. “Even when he’s with someone, he’s alone.”
29. And in the end, all I learned was how to be strong alone.
30. I’m very much a loner. I don’t like long relationships with people and I always keep people at a distance.
31. They exclude you because they don’t understand you. Be happy you are the single one that differs from their normal community.
If you find the truth in this quote and feel like no one understands you, you may want to check this guide.
32. Be strong enough to stand alone, be yourself enough to stand apart, but be wise enough to stand together when the time comes.
33. Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone.
-Roy T. Bennett
34. The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
35. Being with no one is better than being with the wrong one. Sometimes, those who fly solo have the strongest wings.
36. The strong man is strongest when alone.
37. Maybe that was why I adored horror movies and true crime. I identified with the villain, the foe, the outsider. I was always the person who didn’t belong.
If you too feel this way, you may find this article about not belonging anywhere equally relatable.
38. Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice keeps me from feeling isolated.
39. The greater a man’s talents, the greater his power to lead astray.
40. The strongest men are the most alone.
Celebrate Being a Loner
These lone wolf quotes capture the beauty and the power of choosing a solitary life. Being a loner doesn’t equal feeling lonely, being weak, or getting rejected by others. It’s a matter of choice.
It also doesn’t mean that you completely isolate yourself from society. You may just limit your contacts with others and be picky about your social connections.
Some people are happier by themselves. And they often happen to be wiser and stronger than those who are afraid to be alone.