What if you could become more successful just by convincing yourself that you are? It may sound too good to be true, but there is a method that works. I’m talking about affirmations for success – these are positive statements you say to yourself to achieve a specific result.
How Positive Affirmations Bring You Closer to Success
Affirmations involve the science-backed mechanism of self-suggestion, where you repeat the same statement on a regular basis until your subconscious mind takes it as the truth.
In the beginning, your rational conscious mind will do everything to make you stop. You will feel silly to say things you don’t mean. You know you are a failure, so why would you repeat over and over again that you are successful? You are just fooling yourself, right?
Your inner critic will take over and confront your positive affirmations with self-deprecating things it usually tells you,
“You are incapable; you are a failure; you will never achieve anything”.
But what you might not know is that your subconscious mind is always listening. It’s paying attention to every single thing you say to yourself–whether it’s self-praise or self-criticism.
It means that after some time of practicing affirmations, you will develop a more positive outlook without even trying. Just because the positive things you say to yourself will outnumber the negative ones.
You will notice the effect of affirmations when you realize that you do believe what you say. You are indeed bound to succeed. And you are going to accomplish much more in life.
You will also find it easier to confront negative thinking and self-doubt. This is because you’ll have a sound list of positive statements to use.
So, let’s get started with our list of powerful affirmations for success. I recommend repeating them every morning to boost your motivation. You can also practice them during the day or every time you feel defeated and unmotivated.
50 Positive Affirmations for Success
- I am capable
- I am good at what I do
- Every day I’m getting closer to success
- I am powerful and successful
- I have all the necessary qualities and skills to be successful
- My life is a success story
- I radiate success
- I am bound to succeed
- My idea of success is in line with my life purpose
- I have accomplished much in life
- I can achieve much more in life
- Every day I’m becoming more successful
- I have chosen my path to success
- I am skillful
- My career is constantly progressing
- I have all the necessary knowledge and experience to reach career success
- I deserve to be successful
- My failures are my step stones to success
- I can achieve anything I dream about
- I attract prosperity and success into my life
- My mistakes make me stronger
- I am willing to work hard to achieve my goals
- I am full of energy and motivation
- Every day I do my best to progress in life
- I am ready for new achievements
- I am the architect of my life and only I can make myself successful
- Every day is a new opportunity
- I am moving toward the life of my dreams
- I believe in myself and my goals
- My decisions are wise and each of them takes me closer to success
- I have the power to change my life and bring more success to it
- I am constantly moving forward in life
- My greatest accomplishment in life is yet to come, and every day I’m getting closer to it
- I am determined and strong
- I know what I want in life, and I know what to do to achieve it
- My dreams are gradually turning into reality
- I set clear goals and achieve them
- I am constantly growing and moving toward my possible best self
- Wherever I look, I see opportunities
- I am open to opportunities and use them wisely
- I let go of fear of failure
- Opportunities come in abundance to me
- I drop the habits that hinder my growth and adopt positive ones that help me succeed
- I use every opportunity to learn, grow, and progress in life
- The people who surround me believe in me
- The people who surround me want to see me grow and succeed
- I successfully deal with challenges and move on
- I am stronger than any adversity
- Every day I take actions that bring me closer to success
- Each of my decisions brings more abundance, prosperity, and wealth to my life
How to Write Your Own Affirmations for Success
Each affirmation on the list above is positive and powerful enough to charge you for success, but the best idea is to write your own. You can tailor them to a specific goal you want to reach or a quality you want to change.
- I am the best candidate for this promotion
- I successfully pass the exam
- My business is constantly growing
- I let go of procrastination
A good approach is to analyze yourself and your situation to figure out what aspects of your life, behavior, or personality might hinder your progress. This is how you will know where to focus your efforts.
After that, you could write your own affirmations, tailored to your needs. You could make a few different lists and use them in different situations, such as:
- Morning affirmations for success (to practice every day)
- Affirmations for success in a specific goal, such as an exam or a project (to practice until you achieve it)
- Motivational success affirmations (to use when you feel like a failure or under the weather)
To sum up, self-suggestion is a simple and effective tool for cultivating a positive outlook on life. Too much negativity and self-doubt are often the reason why we stay behind. That’s why using positive affirmations can help you believe in yourself, move forward, and ultimately reach success.
If you love affirmations, check out my other guides on this topic:
- 33 Powerful Gratitude Affirmations That Will Fill Your Heart with Joy
- 44 Powerful Affirmations for Confidence and Self-Esteem
- 55 Positive Affirmations for Anxiety, Panic, and Stress
Did you find this post useful? Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss new fascinating guides & articles!